The EDGE Charitable Foundation
To provide leadership, education, services and advocacy that will assist in revolutionizing a global humanitarian movement of environmental education and awareness through partnerships with families, teachers, schools and our global communities.
By promoting excellence in teaching, programming and development of global environmental awareness and education, all children, families, and future generations will enjoy and sustain a healthier, cleaner, and safer earth.
Established in 2007, The Early Development of Global Education Charitable Foundation, is a 501(c)3 non profit charitable organization.
Countries we have impacted:
- Costa Rica -curriculum and school supplies
- Guatemala – curriculum
- Haiti – curriulum, school supplies, clothing, water and medical supplies
- India – curriculum, school supplies, clothing, shoes, books and toys
- Jamaica – curriculum and school supplies
- Kenya – curriculum and school supplies
- Nicaragua – curriculum and school supplies
- Puerto Rico – curriculum, school supplies and annual grant for shoes from Payles Shoe Source
- The United States – see below
The United States: South Florida
Our mission in South Florida is very special. 40% of the children we have impacted and continue to work with live in this area. These children are from low income families, migrant families, victims of domestic violence and victims of human trafficking. Through strong community partnerships with schools and businesses, every year we are able to provide many different services to these children, we lovingly call our EDGE children. Those services have ranged from educational opportunities to humanitarian endeavors, such as:
- Discover: Science and Literacy
- EDGE Earth Month Education Campaign
- EDGE Annual Toy Drive
- EDGE Back to School Drive
- EDGE Food Drive
- The EDGE Community Service Challenge
- Flu Shots for Migrant Families
and much more!
Most of our funding comes from private donations made from individuals, corporate donations, fundraising events and in-kind donations. The EDGE is a volunteer organization with very little overhead. Approximately 80% of our funds go directly to services we provide for EDGE children.
- Meet Our Board of Directors
- Community Sponsors, Friends and Partners
- How Can You Help The EDGE Charitable Foundation
- EDGE Intern Program (Inquire within by emailing Priya@theedgeeducation.com)